Thursday, May 03, 2007

16 Days..........

It seems Sports Science are practicing a bit and there's some video footage going around of them bowling. I spoke to them and they're keeping their cards close to their chests, but they're obviously up for a game and I've got a feeling they're going to give us a run for our money. It's going to be interesting.

Nakul and me had an hour out on Great Berry tonight with me batting tonight. My batting's coming along especially if I remain disciplined and stick to defending the straight balls. He's a wily bowler Nakul and he had me bolwed and LBW'd several times in the session. But saying that I was hitting him for fours as well in between - which was nice.

I'm liking the current practice format that Nakul and me seemed to be developing - one night I bowl and he bats and then we swap the next night. So tomorrow night I'll be mostly throwing sliders and see if they work for me or at least pin him down. The following night I'll go for playing defensively - I now have a sense of his tactics he deploys to get me out, so I've got to come up with a strategy to either play those balls or defend them. It's all looking very promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment