Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tuesday 15th July match update

Yep, one by one all the MPA boys are falling through and it looks like a 100% Grays and Chadwell affair. The last 2 hopes are Alex and Jack, Chris emailed me tonight saying he couldn't do it but then let me have Alex and Jack's contact details so they've both had a text to say check your emails re a match on Tuesday. So fingers crossed?

I've got to admit I'm impressed that Boffa and the boys can all commit to Tuesday night and they're all talking about being there by 5pm. I'm only going to be able to do it because my son's got a school do during the afternoon and I'll be sloping off early from work primarily for that.

Longer term though (Sept match) there's a lot more enthusiasm so hopefully we'll be able to field a team made up of primarily MPA blokes and hopefully our stronger players?

Valence Way cricket ground AKA "Local Field".

I've been over there today and cut the grass. The outfield though is getting really long and the roller hasn't materialised which is a shame as the weather tomorrow is sunny so the ground is going to start to dry out again. The field needs to be cut, so I'm hoping if the sun is out next week the groundsman will come and mow it?

This evening went over and threw a few balls - fairly uneventful, but I'm not going to read too much into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment