Thursday, July 02, 2009

Stat Wars

Hmm interesting. Further to the updated blog entry for last Sunday where I've raised the point that Neil (My Captain) is allegedly worried about my stats I've just found a whole bunch of stats on our website. See http://www.gandccc.webeden.co.uk/cgi-bin/download.cgi and this appears to be fully up to date.


As I've said elsewhere I can never compete on the basis of wickets taken because I play once a week if I'm lucky and some of the others here play 3 times a weeks as far as I know some weeks. But it's the breakdown of the individuals stats that make interesting reading. I'm not sure in some cases whether the figures need to be lower or higher to be better, I'm going to have to have a look on Wikipedia to see if I'm doing okay but here's the details......

Now, I don't take a lot of notice of these things myself, certainly not up until this season, but looking at this I've got a feeling that I'm doing okay? It looks to me as though the only thing I need to tighten up on is the RPO conceded and to take more wickets in one match to beat Callum Sellars 5 wickets for 7 runs. Is that right?

A mate of mine a couple of seasons back advised me to give up bowling because I was worst bowler he'd ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment