Sunday, May 02, 2010

Update

After what seems like at least 3 or maybe 4 weeks of sunshine it's eventually rained today and I got my timing right with opting to not play this Sunday for a number of reasons one being that during last Sundays match which I still haven't blogged about I took an in-coming ball to the shin after the Keeper misfielded it. Initially it blew up massive and looked like an additional knee a few inches below the real one. Five hours later the swelling had gone down and seemed to have spread throughout the whole of the lower leg right down to my ankle. 5 days later, most of my leg was brusied all up the front and around the ankles and causing me some concern. An on-line physio said that it may be something quite serious and that I shouldn't play this weekend and watching the weather close in it looked as though the game was going to be called off.

The rain has meant that the paddock has been watered as such and this might help with the cracks on the wicket that were looking to get out of hand. I've been over there this afternoon and raked the areas where the cracks are and sown the last of my grass seed. Tomorrow I'm hoping to cover the seed and re-roll the bowling area. The forecast for tomorrow is sunshine and some possible showers.