Monday, February 28, 2011

Nets

Adults nets tonight and I rolled out the new bowling action e.g. with a proper bound rather than the walk in or skip approach that I've had for the last 4 years. I went okay, I think generally it's faster, so possibly slightly more difficult to play when I get it right. A few balls came out right and these were commented on. An especially good Wrong Un bowled at Dave Sharp nearly bowled him but he managed to get the bottom edge of the bat on it, someone commented...... "You only see a ball like that 4 or 5 times in a lifetime"! So, it looks like I'll never bowl with the skip ever again which is good news. I was tempted several times to revert back to the walk in as it's probably more accurate at this stage, but I stuck with the bound as I need to bowl like it as much as I can to get it smooth. So despite being played fairly easy much of the time I persevered and kept with it and not once did I go back to the old method. The weather just needs to clear now, so that we get back to practicing over at the Rec in the evenings in the Tennis courts.

Batting, although atrocious was better than normal, didn't get bowled 5 times in succesion like last week and managed to hit a few balls back past the bowlers.