Monday, August 25, 2014

Ben's first five fer

Blimey! Busy year this year, what with work and the fact that I had to step in as captain for the 4th XI. I'm not going to get all reflective about it as yet as there's still a few more games to play. It looks as though there's a chance we may yet stay up in this league but we'll have to see how it goes, I know that one of the games that we're due to play is going to be problematic with regards to getting players as there's a wedding and a lot of the players are going apparently.

Ben's first Five fer.

The weekend just gone followed a win at home the weekend before where one of our bowlers took six wickets for very little in the way of run - Mark Williams. But this week my older son Ben who's just short of being 16 took 5 wickets in a game we lost and my other son Joe who's only just 13 took the only other wicket other than a run-out. So well done Ben for getting your first Five fer! Some of the wickets were exceptionally good - I think two were the top of off stump and the last one nearly had the stump out of the ground. This was in a match against Hainhalt and Clayhill 5th XI