We were away for a good few weeks this year surfing and prior to that week I hadn't cut the wicket in the paddock for a while and when we got back it was very green and long and in need of a cut. The council did their usual cut and once it was dry yesterday me and Joe went over and cut it, aware that today it would be raining.
This evening in the rain I've been over and done some repairs while it's wet and sown a load of seeds to repair the holes. I've then done a bit of top dressing in the newly seeded areas and left it at that for the moment. While we were away it had been sunny most of the time, but there had been 3 days were it rained a lot and know that prior to us going on holiday we'd had some very heavy rain. The affect is the paddock is in very condition and needs very little in the way of repairs and looks amazingly lush and green.
Usage this year - to be honest with Ben being that bit older he's not been out there much at all. Joe has though and hopefully will do next year, so I reckon I'll continue to maintain it for at least another year. I've used it for practice - did so yesterday for a couple of hours and will do through Sept and October, so for the moment it's still be looked after and cut.