Sunday, December 14, 2014

Secret Fitness Weapon

This is my secret weapon for getting fit this season. I've been looking to buy one of these for some time now, but was waiting for the right one to come along and I got this one for a good price. I used to love cycling when I was a kid and I reckon I'm going to enjoy riding around on this for the foreseeable future. It's got no gears so is pretty hassle free and it has a Flip Flop hub which means it can be swapped round to be either free-wheeling or a fixed wheel set up.

I can't be doing with running and besides the impact stress on your joints doesn't do you any favours, so this bike is the solution. The other thing is with the bike you just get around and see a lot more in your 20 minute cardio stint I'm using it for. I've been out on it already today and it's given me a sense of how unfit I am, so once the Christmas break is here I'll be getting on my bike and getting fit!

I've already got a circuit in mind and the initial time for the circuit was 12 mins and 3 seconds, so hopefully I'll beat that next time.