Thursday, April 14, 2016

4 steps backwards

With less than 2 weeks before the first game and the weather still being crap here in the UK, I've had few opportunities to have a practice. Tonight though after work I thought I'd give it a go on concrete using hockey balls, just to see how things were going. It was a mess... Full tosses, leg-side balls everything was bad, no rhythm... nothing. Just a complete disaster using something was supposed to be the new action. At one point it felt like I was trying to bowl too fast, then there seemed to be some improvement, by slowing down and getting up on my toes in the rotation. Overall it just seemed as though maybe I was trying too hard and not being relaxed enough? Towards the end I relaxed a little and it came together a bit but generally didn't go well at all.

I'm wondering if it's a lack of fitness. More work on my legs I reckon.